
Mitchie's therapists and caregivers are receiving logo-ed shirts for Christmas identifying them as part of "Team Browning". We appreciate this group's perseverance as they work to make Mitchie's life the best it can be. There is a chemistry that must be right when you trust others to put your child in various stretches and positions in order to push him toward improvement. We are so fortunate to have so many wonderful and encouraging people on Team Browning!
The back story is that the shirts reference a bible verse that has been very encouraging to us from the book of Romans (5): "...but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us.."
There was a time when I didn't even want to admit to ever going through any kind of suffering. After all, I am resilient! I am strong! Rejoice in suffering? Yeah, right. But, over the past couple of years, I've learned a lot about the concept of suffering for when your child suffers, you most definitely suffer. And if this bible verse is any kind of an equation for growth, at this point...we're on board. Because hope is a wonderful thing. I wish I could bottle it. Whenever we see Mitchell do something new or different in the way he moves his body, our hearts jump - we get excited. We envision all his developmental issues reversing. This is hope. "And hope does not disappoint us." That is what we must believe. Hope you do too!
No comments:
Post a Comment