Sunday, February 15, 2009

1 YEAR BLOG ANNIVERSARY!

It has been one year to the day since I started this blog. Phew. Who knew it would be so cathartic. The most surprising thing is that people comment on happenings in our lives and I always pause having to reflect on how they seem to know so much. Then it hits me…the Browning Blog! A shout out of THANKS to so many who take interest in our lives. There’s Lynn and Mike at work who are always so supportive. My dear friend Mia who is a regular. Anne and Patty who connect from afar. Plus Shelley, Mitchell’s special caregiver during church services. Not to mention our treasured family members who talk to us frequently, but still find things out here. And many more.

By becoming a blogger, I have finally found a hobby. It is and it isn’t social. It does provide an outlet for the journalism-bug I’ve had for years. It isn’t able to hug back, so comments and personal connections are still so very important to me (us).

Truth is, I can share a lot of sister sites that look a lot like this one, crafted mostly by moms of special needs children. I’ve picked up some blogging ideas and tricks from them, but more importantly take some comfort in the fact that we’re not alone in our struggle of having a child who is on a different journey than most. My hope is that this blog helps your perspective on things…whether you have children or not or whether you have children and they are typical or not. Maybe it passes on some inspiration that as our friend Michael says, “Always be kinder to all you meet, for everyone you meet is battling some kind of hardship.”

I track site visits a couple ways and this blog gets about 10 visitors a day. Some return daily and others come back every few weeks or so. I welcome any comments on anything less, more or different you’d like to see on these virtual pages.

I’ll keep going…

No comments: