Life's been reminiscent of the one of my favorite movies, "My Fair Lady" around here lately on the heels of having Luke's speech evaluated and trying to get him to pronounce certain letters correctly. "Say K", "Cat", "Say Ka, Ka, Ka". Luke's repeats add a "t" to the mix. He says his name more like "Lute" for instance.
His preschool teacher suggested the eval back in October and frankly I couldn't have brushed it off more. Why? Luke's a pretty smart kid and clearly we're familiar with developmental issues. Yet, as the evaluation results showed he's ahead in expressive language and how he uses language overall making me think he'll be ready for school early (August birthday). Likely best if we officially get him where he should be in the articulation department.
I guess I thought kids develop at all speeds and that it would take care of itself. Meanwhile, the speech evaluator told me, "If your other son were normal, perhaps you'd be more concerned about this." Ouch! Yep, we are now on the waiting list for a time slot at Children's for speech therapy that coincides with one of M's appointments.
No comments:
Post a Comment