Saturday, August 29, 2009

Baby Shower



People are still asking me about a shower I helped organize for my sweet friend Dora (above) who is expecting her first child and who happens to be an event planner extraordinaire! The girls involved knew it was a challenge to create an experience fitting for our friend with great taste and talent. We did have the benefit of working with some of her vendors, but overall a lot of love was poured in too resulting in a fabulous afternoon.


With inspiration from a family tree theme, we asked shower attendees as they arrived to grace a pretty tree with words of affirmation for mom and baby. Next up...a fancy non-alcoholic drink and lunch. Then of course the showering of gifts. She got so many cute things!

In the evening, the shower hostesses and spouses came over to our home where we had moved the tree. In turn each couple wrote an inspirational word on a rock and put it beneath the tree. (Special thanks to Chris for scrubbing the rocks Luke and I gathered from the creek behind our home with bleach so they were clean enough for this!) The word represented the blessings their family has received and prayers that same blessing would serve as a foundation for Dora and her husband Steven as they grow their own family. They remembered that God was their Rock, that God Most High was their Redeemer. (Psalm 78:35)

When I think back on this day I reflect on why I love planning things like this. I love marking moments and creating memories.

A special if not a bit exhausting day! You know I would do it all again! Love all the girls involved, too!

Pictures at: http://chadmoon.com/slideshows/babyshower/

Find out more about Dora's work at http://www.vivabellaevents.com/

1 comment:

didi said...

It was as beautiful event and very special day for me to celebrate with my friends who poured so much love and attention into the shower and me!

Thank you!