Sunday, November 15, 2009

Randomness

Here are various things I haven't posted about...

Transition Time
Friday Mitchell started the evaluation process with our local school system as he will graduate out of the county's Help Me Grow program when he turns 3. The evaluation determines an Individualized Education Plan, especially how the assistance will be provided. We were expectant wondering whether Mitchell would be approved to go to the elementary school starting in the preschool setting. Alas, home care would be best for his "abilities". However, that means at some level our/your taxes will be put to work having therapists come to our home which will be convenient and eliminate associated out of pocket expenses.

Any conversation like this has its ups and downs - I try to remain a pleasant but assertive parent. Chris ironically is a little more impatient. Therefore as the meeting concluded, it was an ill-timed blow when the visiting speech therapist rear-ended our mailbox and garbage cans.



Time Management
I'm reading a book on working motherhood and in it found this statistic from authors Greenberg and Avigdor, "Mothers who have children with special challenges - physical or mental - actually spend the equivalent of one additional full day on the job of caring for that child every week - that's an additional 20% per day increase in our workload." ...I'm just saying...

Art
One of Mitchell's most special birthday presents was this drawing my friends Bev and Michael had done by a high school girl they know. I always have meant to post a picture of it because we love having it.

This Blog
I posted awhile back how I was working with someone to get the look of this blog enhanced. Well, I felt like the designer and I spoke different languages, then my something screwy happened when I went to pay via PayPal so I just stopped the process. (I'm sure my issue, not theirs.) I still want a more professional looking page - I'll get to it sometime I'm sure.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Beautiful picture of Mitchie. An absolutely wonderful gift. Love the pictures of the boys on the couch.