Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bye for Now

I have decided to take a break from blogging. It's true I enjoy it, but I've also recently realized that I can kind of hide behind it. With my regular updating, everyone knows what we Brownings are up to, so I've been less prone to reach out to others for more in-person and on the phone sharing. I feel a little disconnected from some very important people in our lives. I sure hope this makes sense!

But before I sign off, I can't help but share some pics from Mitchell's 3rd birthday and first day of preschool. Big events that seem to make this goodbye feel more like a beginning.





When we dropped off Mitchie at preschool, the therapists and teachers went crazy! They were so excited and prepared for him. They took more pictures and video than I did! And, I got a lengthy report of positive progress after only the first day. I already know he is in such capable and caring hands. Here he is with his classroom aide, Jennifer:


Last but not least, another highlight I wanted to share is our 7th year wedding anniversary celebration. We took off for one night in Louisville staying at the artistic 21c Museum Hotel. Very cool. Given what our church and small group is studying, this was a very appropriate backdrop:
I guess for now we're looking to be a little more free of all the fear and worry that surrounds the management of Mitchell which this blog just emphasizes - not to mention the typical stuff that surrounds an average 4 year old. (Shucks, who am I kidding...our Luke is far from average!)
Keep in mind, I may pick blogging back up at some point. In the interim, feel free to reach out to us by phone or email.
Love to you all and remember...we'll always have facebook ;-)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Stacey,
These are some of the very same reasons I have not blogged regularly in a while.

Happy birthday to Mitchell - a little late!
Heather

Beth said...

Stacey - I have been educated and inspired by your blog. I will miss it! Thanks for sharing so much of yourself... Beth

Shelley B :) said...

I will certainly miss my Mitchie updates, but I truly understand what you mean.
He has come so far since I have met your family, and he will ALWAYS have a piece of my heart. ALWAYS. I love that child.

I know we will cross paths at church and I will get my hugs and kisses in then.

You are a very remarkable person and family. You are in my prayers always.

Much love,
Shelley B