I have a lot of things going on in my life. Don't we all? For me there is work that often feels worlds away from all that makes up my home life. There is the richness that comes from time spent with extended family. And of course the irreplaceable but fleeting time spent socially with friends.
Primarily this blog concerns all that happens "at home". Although from time to time other areas are touched upon. I haven't been writing on anything lately, but my visitor count has remained constant so I'm hoping if you are reading this you've found an unexpected surprise today! I've posted!
I see re-entries like this happen all the time from authors of other blog sites. I'm marking my re-entry with explanation of my "at Home" reference.
With the lost art of etiquette, does anyone know to what "at Home" refers?
Per Martha Stewart's website: Usually following a wedding it's a "small card ... to let people know how to contact you -- and how to address you -- after the wedding. The title usually reads: "At Home," and was followed by the date you would return from your honeymoon, or your wedding date itself: "
Another site said, "the at Home card developed, to tell your acquaintance callers when you would actually be in and ready to entertain them, usually on a fixed evening repeated each week. In the United States the culture retained a strong association with the idea of home-making, and newly married couples would be expected to print and distribute at Home cards giving their new address as well as the times when visitors might call (see The Art of Correspondence by Joseph S Locke, Boston, 1884). This idea has developed so that in the US today the at Home card is printed merely as a change of address card for the newly married."
So this is to say, Stacey Browning is "at Home" once again on her blog. Please visit anytime. No change in location. Feel free to address with comments or other inquiries. I'm home.

No comments:
Post a Comment