Monday, January 19, 2009

HBOT - Day ? Session ?

Chris thinks we are at or over 40 dives by now, but the technician counts us at 36-ish. It's easy to see how adding up the frequent and lengthy visits might be difficult. Likely we'll get a few more for the price we are paying. If we consider this just about the end of the journey, we have no remorse over having tried HBOT. If I don't sound more enthusiastic, I think we've had a hard time summing up the experience because Mitchell has been quite irritable the past week or two. Back in November he was like how he's been lately - fussy, hungry, tired with decreased interest in therapy type activities. Did I mention lots of spitting up? Ugh! Like before, we're attributing this to a growth spurt. Inside I'm so concerned that his growing pains come with real physical pain! Made worse by Mitchell not being able to communicate his discomfort to us. We did take him to his regular pediatrician and she didn't find an ear infection, fever or anything and sent us home to ride it out.

Once he completes all dives this week, the center tells us it's possible to continue seeing some changes as new cells do take time to develop. I know when Mitchie gets back to being himself, we're bound to see some differences. After all we did notice some things early on.

Mitchell sees a developmental pediatrician this week as well. She's one who sees kids with developmental issues exclusively. His was a PT before she became a doctor. It will be interesting to see what she observes about his development.

No comments: