Saturday, March 21, 2009

Guest Columnists

I've been surprised that a handful of people have remarked that Mitchell has impacted their life or given them a new outlook on their spiritual relationship. I asked them if they were interested in writing an article on this for the blog. Here are a couple I received:

From Laurie, Chris' sister...
I have a picture that hangs on a wall in my office. It is a painting of a city at dusk, some of the elements are very clear, like the lamppost and the balcony on the outskirts but the middle is a blur of lights with only outlines of buildings at best. I love this picture because I use it as a constant reminder of how little of life I truly understand or have a clear picture of. When I think of Mitchell, this little boy of two, there is so much I truly don’t understand. By all accounts, if you used just his medical records to assess him he should be more progressed then he is, yet, he isn’t doing any activities of a normal two year old. I turn to God to help me make sense of it all or to help get a clearer picture. So, in conversations with Him, after I have asked all the usual questions, such as the whys and the whens I come to the bigger picture, what is God telling us through Mitchell? I asked this because God has purpose in everything and therefore Mitchell has purpose. It is then that it hits me, the picture becomes a little clearer, Mitchell has brought me to God and even though I don’t get the answers to the whys and the whens that I so desperately want I do get to be in conversation with Mitchell’s creator and my creator and isn’t that what God wants for all us, to bring people to Him?

From Grandma Kay...
A preacher set out four large canisters on the altar. Filled one with smoke, one with alcohol, one with chocolate and one with good soil. He then put a live worm in each canister. The worms in the alcohol, smoke and chocolate died. The worm in the good soil lived. The preacher asked his congregation if they knew what the story meant.

A woman eagerly stood up and said, "I know, it means if we smoke, drink alcohol and eat chocolate we won't get worms."

Now we all know that is not what the preacher was trying to say but does show that we all perceive things differently and often miss true meanings. We see through a glass darkly. Mitchie is here to glorify God as we all are. However I'm convinced Mitch is doing a much better job than I am. Mitchie has already touched lives. I am so blessed when I read Stacey's blog. Your comments move me and encourage her. I have hopes that as we have seen Mitch change over the past two years that God is healing him and in a year we will all be astounded.

No comments: