Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sites I'm Visiting

Here are some sites I've been hitting:

www.etsy.com : I haven't bought anything yet, but I find myself checking out this site sometimes at night for a quick shopping fix of artistic, handmade creations. It's like going to a virtual art fair and the prices aren't that bad. I especially like to "pounce" - a site feature that lets you see items from vendors who have recently sold something.

www.paperbackswap.com : A new friend turned me onto this site. I feel like it has helped me reprioritize reading for pleasure or self-development. I've posted about 15 books over the past month and have had 6 requested. That seems like a lot to me considering the site has 3.5 million books available at any given time. Each time one of my books is received by the requestor, I get a credit for a book I want to have sent to me.

www.hopefulparents.org: I visit other parents of special needs kids' blogs, but this one consolidates points of views. Contributors are assigned a day of the month on which they are to post so content is always new. It's helpful to understand reflections and perspective of others in your own situation. Reading the writings also provides an opportunity to recognize what you do have in life.

http://www.hostessblog.com/ : I like planning events and this is a very girly site that offers creative inspiration. I can't say I've ever done anything suggested, but I love to review the presentation and idea-starters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such kind words about Hopeful Parents! What you described is exactly what we set out to do. Thank you for spreading the word!