Friday, December 4, 2009

LP at Cleveland Clinic


Mitchie and I are back from our quick trip to Cleveland for his spinal tap, or lumbar puncture, surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. All went well as you see him resting peacefully after the procedure. Everyone at the Clinic was great. I have A LOT of thoughts on how the Clinic exudes its brand in everything they do. If you are interested in that...ask me. I won't bore the rest of you! It's just an unbelievable place - most people refer to it as a city its scale so substantial.

We're to get results on the analysis of his spinal fluid in 2-4 weeks. They are specifically looking to see whether there is neurotransmitter dysfunction, for which medication could be prescribed to help motor abilities.

Another great chance too to see my brother's family as M and I stayed with them Wednesday night - thanks Craig and Carli!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Stacey,
Glad your trip and the procedures went well for you and Mitchie. Hoping you get the results quickly.
We're keeping Mitchie in our prayers.

Laurie said...

What a precious littl boy, love the picture. I was thinking about you all day, so glad to hear it went smoothly.

Anne said...

STACEY,
So glad you are home safe. Mitchell looks so at peace in sleep in the photo. Wonderful to see both of you. What a long 2-4 weeks..as always we will pray for timely results. Anne

Beth M said...

Stacey - you are in my thoughts and prayers even more than usual. Know that I wait hopefully with you...