Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mitchell's Turn - 1st Day at Preschool

Mitchell returned to preschool today. He spent time in the piece of therapy equipment that allows him to stand. He also reacquainted and worked with 3 therapists. He was a little fussy when he returned home, tired from all the activity.

I like this picture of Mitchell in front of the school. It shows what we've been noticing a lot lately - he's looking away but his eyes seem more open more often.

Photobucket

Here Mitchell is with his classroom aide, Erica:

Photobucket

Closing in on school's start Mitchell's been very content. Aside from the eye infection, he's been healthy. He lost some weight, then gained a little making our docs happy with his growth for his height. He's also making some new sounds. He'll sound "da, da, da" at times. He also gets noticed when barking like a sea lion. "Ar, ar, ar." I have to repeat it when I hear it. It's very cute. His hand sucking continues, but he's not breaking skin and he seems to be able to keep a hold with his fingers for longer. I love when he has a good grasp on my finger, like I'm really holding his hand.

All and all, we're excited for what school will bring him this year! You can see from Erica's snuggle, he has found his way in to the teachers, aides, therapists and students' hearts!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Beyond beautiful Stacey. I love reading about Mitchie's accomplishments.