I'm a week late posting on Luke's birthday party. Frankly it took a while to recover. The activities went great and Luke was thrilled, but I underestimated the effect of 9 young boys running excitedly through tour home while on a scavenger hunt.
When the boys arrived, each was accepted into the Browning Spy Agency. They received a black hat along with a brown bag containing a black-T, dark glasses and a name tag.


Here they are, outfitted in their gear:

Their first assignment was to decode the case.

They found out "The Cake Is Gone".
Luke was handed a special clue. At first it looked like a blank piece of paper, but holding it over a candle revealed the next mission. (Earlier I wrote the words in lime juice using a Q-tip. You can also use lemon juice.)

Off to the basement to traverse the "Laser Maze" set up in our basement. Each boy raced to get through the course picking up 6 pieces of candy in the shortest amount of time. 2 seconds were added for each time the laser (string) was touched. Luke's friend Aiden won. He then got a clue that each spy had to find 5 fingerprints, 2 footprints and 1 document of evidence throughout Luke's house.
They absolutely loved the maze, especially when they got to crawl underneath it.
After opening presents for Luke, the spies eventually figured out Luke's daddy had sneaked away and was starting to eat the cake he had taken earlier. Mystery solved! The cake was from Servatii Pastry Shop. They always do such a great job.



I cracked up when one boy said about his decorated water bottle, "All you did was put paper over the real wrapper." No matter, these water bottles' cuteness was not lost on me.


I love doing fun stuff for Luke. He's always so appreciative!


No comments:
Post a Comment