Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Young's Dairy and Other Adventures

We tried to fit in some fun, local activities over Labor Day weekend and for the most part everything worked out except the weather was bizarre. Saturday +90 and we headed to Grandma Kay's pool. Sunday was overcast and we filled our time with lots of things around Lunken Field including a visit to the airport. Monday turned cold - beyond Fall "sweater weather" but we still ventured up to Young's Dairy in Yellow Springs, Ohio for some fun on the farm. Would you believe we drove an hour to get there and ran into our friends who live right next door? Crazy. It was a fun day and the buckeye sundae with their homemade ice cream was my favorite part - I should have taken a picture!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Soon after Labor Day was my birthday. Chris and I celebrated by spending the night away. We headed to Cleveland and had fun downtown. One of the places we went to Saturday night was the Greenhouse Tavern. I HIGHLY recommend it. Amazing rooftop deck too. On Sunday we started early at a tailgate outside Cleveland Stadium with Chris' friend Ed from the Navy. He and his friends set up quite an operation with 3 reserved parking spaces and a large, but older RV they use for just this purpose. All and all much fun and I'm ready for more!

No comments: