Saturday, January 23, 2010

Oh Kay


This is my mom Kay. This picture was taken when we were out having lunch for her birthday. She's got an important role in the cast of characters that make up our life so I thought it best we bring her more into the foreground.

My mom is a great encourager when it comes to Mitchell's condition. She's also an amazing grandma to Luke. She tells him silly jokes and gives him too many treats just like a grandma should. Right around when Mitchell was born, she and my dad moved from the Cleveland area to live only a half mile from us. It's been a blessing to have them nearby.

To me, well...my mom is never without a point of view :-), but I treasure her wisdom and understanding and acceptance of me even when we disagree. A friend recently reflected on my mom and said she has a "sweet spirit". She does! She's very thoughtful.

Just wanted you to know...I love you mom!

No comments: