Sunday, February 28, 2010

Healing

Last night some friends in our circle hosted a gathering at a local coffee shop celebrating the healing of their daughter's hearing. Yes, you read that right. She had hearing loss, wore hearing aids the past 4 years and after attending a healing service at a church they'd never been to before, she hasn't worn the aids since. I'd host a celebration too!

The night started with some singing of songs, sharing of the family's testimony, then a call for others to share their stories of healing with the understanding that the Lord who healed people as told in the Bible is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

A mom told of her young boy born without part of his ears developed. He was expected to be deaf. One check up had the doctor proclaim the formation now being intact. And that he had no explanation for the healing, "It's a miracle." The boy can hear.

A man our age we know talked about having had hip pain. X-rays had doctors tell him he needed a full hip replacement - he had the "hip of an 80 year old". There were actually pieces of his bone shown shattered. He said he never received so much prayer and just believed it would be healed. During a follow up view, the doctor reversed his opinion not understanding what change occurred telling him he must just have a muscle strain.

A dad told of his son being born with hydrocephalus (water on the brain). Prayer. Cured. That boy now developmentally appropriate.

Another man stopped wearing his hearing aids one New Year's after traveling to Phoenix for a healing service a friend recommended and receiving prayer there.

While these are all reflections on physical healing, other types of healing were discussed.

I don't consider my friends and those we know weird or fringe, so all I can do is believe.

Chris and I have questioned whether continual prayer is appropriate or just setting ourselves up for disappointment. Last night gave me encouragement that our prayers should not be deterred.

I know this all may be "senior level" for you, but as a family so desperately praying for healing today, I wanted to go on record that if or when God heals Mitchell, I will throw a blow out party and gladly add ours to the story that carries on.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

We'll keep praying for Mitchie!!