Just when I have been making some progress on reacting to others' reactions of our family/Mitchell, the challenge got harder.
Luke has been saying things like...
"When is Mitchell going to grow?"
"When are we going to have 2 kids?"
"I hate not having a brother."
His realization of Mitchell's situation has come out of nowhere. He knows there isn't anything we can say to change things so we listen and empathize, frankly sharing his anger at the situation.
I feel we've all been on a bit of an edge knowing that M's birthday is approaching. Luke always has said, "Mitchell will walk when he's 3." Well, his being 3 is just about here and no real change.
Here's a post that helped me think long term and how Luke will grow to be a strong, compassionate man only more so because of the uniqueness in our family.
http://www.hopefulparents.org/blog/2010/2/21/happy-birthday-my-sophie-girl.html
No comments:
Post a Comment