Back by popular demand more examples of the wisdom and humor that is Luke Browning.
This morning I asked Luke a banal question. I think it was something like, "Where did your socks go?" Luke quickly and unknowingly wittily answered, "You can check my website, LukeBrowning.com." I laughed out loud. He said, "What? There are videos there." Cracked me up! You never know with him so I went to the site just in case. Turns out a programmer type already owns http://www.lukebrowning.com/. For now that is!
We walked the mall this morning while Chris worked. We took a break and sat by the fountain. We made wishes and threw pennies into it. I asked Luke his wish. He said he wished Mitchell would grow up and not have seizures. I teared up. He looked at me and said, "I guess that was sweet." Yes it was little Luke! We hugged.
Luke has still been very committed to being a landscaper when he grows up. But on the way somewhere last week he offered he might want to be a policeman. Wow! Soon he took it back though saying, "You can control what you are doing when you are a landscaper. When you are a policeman, you aren't in control of everything." Note to self: work on parenting him on appropriate risk-taking, stress-management and control issues!
Last but not least, one that shouldn't be forgotten by this fountain drink addict...
"Don't drink diet coke. It's not healthy."
Errr!
No comments:
Post a Comment