Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Our Sick Saga

When we traveled to see my brother outside of Cleveland in November, his whole family had been sick. My brother even had had walking pneumonia. We left early!

I returned to quickly develop bronchitis lasting through early January.

Luke was sick on and off throughout the Christmas and New Year's holidays. One day it was a fever. Then he was fine. The next day he vomited. Then he was fine. He even threw up while at a friend's caroling party. Guess who had to clean it up? Things settled down when school started up again and we were back to routine.

Then a sore throat returned for me. It was like swallowing through razor blades. I could barely sleep - even when Mitchell did! I promptly got to the doctor who prescribed a 2nd Z-pack. And thankfully it took only a couple days for me to feel better once on the antibiotics.

This past Sunday I noticed Luke had a rash on the backs of his legs and stomach. As he has an allergy, I feared he somehow got a hold of peanuts. I gave him Benedryl and he really never felt bad.

Except Mitchell had a similar rash on Monday and woke up Tuesday with a 104 degree temperature and shallow breathing. We got him right to the doctor who did a strep test and gave a nebulizer breathing treatment. He was miserable! Poor kiddo. Actually it was kind of scary. Not a chance of rest at night. Chris and I took 2 hour shifts holding Mitchell and gave him his medicines. Today he seems a bit better, but threw up on the sitter. Yucky.

The pediatrician also wrote a script for Luke saying the rash he had was also an indication of strep. I didn't know you could get strep without other symptoms. I'm also guessing that's what I had myself.

In the end, I'm pretty sure I'm turning into one of those people who just talks about their ailments.

Must all get healthy now!

No comments: