I’ve heard parents say this, but I’m now experiencing it myself…keeping up with kids’ schedules is rough! I've recently found myself envying minivan owners and I'm wondering if the soccer mom title may soon be fitting.
As Luke closes in on completing kindergarten, there’s field day to attend, parties and summer activity scheduling. Mitchell’s no different. He’s got a trip to the zoo coming up and we’re in the season of routine doctor appointments. I still haven't gotten to updating school paperwork for him. It’s just busy!
Chris took Mitchell to the doctor today. He weighed in at 31 pounds, but is only 35 inches long. So now they are concerned his BMI is too high and consider him overweight. Hard to believe we struggle to get him to eat and get proper nutrition isn’t it?
Late in the afternoon, I visited with our school district’s special needs director in efforts to build a relationship (he’s new) and to get some sort of view on what Mitchell’s future school experience will look like. We have been denied all kinds of nursing and other subsidy assistance so we’d really like to find a way to discontinue daycare in the home once Mitchell is in grade school age-wise. He said he was open to alternative arrangements, but he couldn't commit to anything now. He did encourage me to look again into services offered by our county. I'll do that. I'm sure he can be tough or go by the book sometimes as the laws around special needs services and constrained budgets impact his ability to make accommodations, but overall he seemed sincere so we'll see how it goes.
In a little while Luke has a team meeting with his T-ball team with his first game scheduled for Saturday. That is if it doesn't get rained out. Here in Cincinnati, we've had the rainiest month on record since they started keeping track of rainfall levels. A lot of people get uptight about the weather - not so much usually for me, but I have to say I am even sick of it always raining!
On my way to work I stopped at Walmart to get Luke a baseball glove so he'd have one for tonight as requested. Turns out the one I got was too small so I'm sending him without one. Our sitter Janine is taking him to the meeting for us since Chris and I are attending an annual fundraiser for an inner city school my company supports.
Add to this 7 meetings while at work, 2 loads of laundry and you have the idea of a typical, hectic, fun day around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment