Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mito Video and Health Prayer List

You may be thinking...how many Mito videos is Stacey going to suggest I watch? It's so hard to explain and understand Mito, sometimes a story helps.



In addition to Mitchell, there are a few other children we know who are coping with health issues. I wanted them to know I'm thinking and praying for them! I'm sure they'd appreciate your prayers too!

Adam - Our sweet friend who shares Mitchell's struggles with seizures. Adam's had 2 brain surgeries aimed at reducing their number and intensity. With results less than desired, doctors are suggesting a more dramatic removal of the area of the brain thought to cause the seizures. Praying for Adam's well being as well as the parents as they walk through this challenging decision process.

Madeline - You may not know Mitchell has a girlfriend in his preschool class. This darling girl is so quick to rush to his side and knows just how to get him to smile. My favorite story is about how on Valentine's Day she rushed into class, opens her arms wide and bellowed, "Happy Valentine's Day Mitchell." On Sunday Madeline was bitten by a friend's Akita-mix dog resulting in 50+ stitches to her face and jaw. We visited her yesterday and she's doing well. Praying for her face to be completely healed and free of infection.

Robert - Chris' cousin's son has been diagnosed with a brain tumor and is starting radiation treatment. We don't know too many details because they do not live nearby, but praying for peace to Robert and his family during this time and complete restoration of health.

Faith - This is a little girl who has both Mitochondrial Disease (Leigh's) and Down Syndrome. Her brother is affected by Mito as well. She's been having a hard time lately pretty much confined to bed. Praying for her ability and comfort to be improved and for her and her entire family to get much needed rest.

I would be remiss if I didn't add my mom to this list...

Kay - Has had continued back problems and an respiratory infection that won't go away. She's to stay off her legs and not be around people during the duration of her treatment. Not great timing with Mother's Day soon here. Praying for her symptoms to be alleviated and that she feels better soon.

"Behold, I will bring health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth."(Jeremiah 33:6)

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Praying for your friends and family Stacey.