Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Proverbs 17:17

A friend loves at all times,
and a brother is born for a time of adversity.

I came across this scripture tonight and thought of Luke. I don't dwell too much on what life is or will be for Luke growing up with a special needs brother. But, we do try to carve out time and focus to create memories just with him. We wouldn't want him to ever resent his childhood with somehow the perception of less attention. However, Luke is a responsible and considerate soul and I know he'll show continued strength and resiliency regarding Mitchell.

He did just ask me, "When are you going to have another baby?"

Let's pause for the moment that deserves.

First I'm old, 2nd Mito might be genetic and last, truth is I have an open dialog in my prayer life around being open to another child. Maybe an older one when Luke is more self sufficient himself. Umm...Chris isn't exactly on board with this and it certainly would need to be something, if serious, I'd need to work on. Or it may never happen at all.

Comments about having other children, wanting a brother or sister or thinking about adoption tells me my heart, Chris' heart and Luke's heart longs for Mitchell to be fully participant in our family able to wrestle, play, get in trouble, learn, cry and do all the things a 4 year old is supposed to do.

Instead, we are called to love at all times. Even if born into some adversity.

No comments: