Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Power of the Powerless


I am a little obsessed with this book. I found it at Half Price Books the day Luke and I left to meet Chris in San Diego for our spring break trip. You won't be surprised why it grabbed my attention when you look at the cover - the boys, particularly young Oliver on the pillow, sure do remind me of the Browning boys.

I finished it that same travel day. Maybe it wouldn't have the same effect for you as me, but gosh it portrays so much about what it's like to experience what it's like to have a son/brother like Mitchell. It's poignantly written from a brother's perspective. And remarkably the writer's perspective is overwhelming positive - he focuses more on the joys and teachings disabled people bring. He sees how God works through them giving "power to the powerless." Of course I pray for Luke to be that well adjusted, loving and Christ-centered in his understanding of Mitchell's differences.  Personally, I will read it every year for encouragement. If you want to review it more or order one, click the book cover to the left. Or I have a few copies if you'd like to have or borrow one.

No comments: