I've been sewing.
I always surprise myself when I engage in something crafty. I'd say it happens about 4 times a year. My mom is incredibly crafty so whatever skill I eek out must come from her. So yes, I've been sewing.
I've recently lost some weight (said subtly because while I want to scream and cheer, "I'VE LOST WEIGHT", I've realized I'm a sugar-addicted, carb-loving stress-eater and I can never fully declare victory on my overindulging tendencies.) I'm down 42 pounds (42 POUNDS) and a few sizes (FEW SIZES) and so my clothes do not fit. I came across some blogs that show before and after pictures of refashioned clothes. I thought, why not try that on some of my clothes?
So out with the sewing machine. My abilities are simple, but I've taken in 3 pairs of pants, 1 top and 4 skirts so far. I'm pretty impressed with myself if I do say so. Here is the link to Refashion Nation blogs for your own inspiration.
I didn't feel comfortable taking my own before and after photos. But I will include pictures of a couple scarves I made out of T-shirts - last quarter's DIY efforts. No sewing involved for those!
Ruffle scarf (red) instructions here
Fringe scarf (blue) instructions here


No comments:
Post a Comment