Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

Happy 4th! While Mitchell has been quite fussy in the afternoons and not sleeping very well, we tried our best to have a modified-staycation enjoying various activities in our fair city. We were not about to have rain deter us either! In fact the milder weather helped keep Mitchie's spirits up as much as possible.
Luke and I started the weekend by going to our community's parade and fireworks festival. Small; it's perfect for us. Last year Luke and I gave this outing a shot, but left at Luke's request after the first test fire went off with a very loud boom. This year, Luke was ok with the sounds and giggled during his first time seeing fireworks. We had such a great time! I loved every second of this special mommy and Luke date.

On Friday, Luke, Mitchell, friend Mia and I visited the zoo. The tiger and its 4 male babies were very active, as were the rhino and the monkeys. Luke got to touch a snake and found it felt like a basketball.


Saturday was pretty rainy, but after starting the day with a visit to Findlay Market downtown, the family headed to a nearby park to let Luke hit some golf balls at the range for the first time. Chris had gotten Luke a set of small clubs for Christmas last year and they love to practice in our yard. You can see how much he was concentrating as he tried to get his balls into the air!
I didn't do too badly myself. I considered picking back up the hobby then rethought the matter considering how little time I might have for doing so!
Chris fit in grilling us a great meal and there was time spent working around our house. Hope you and your family enjoyed the 3 day weekend too!

No comments: