On to big news...Mitchie got his very own custom ordered and fitted wheelchair today. I chose basic black (of course) and while a more colorful one might be more childlike, I do think it being all black makes it sort of disappear making you instead focus on who is sitting in the chair...beautiful Mitchie!

Boy is it HEAVY. Even when you take off the seat. My back already hurts from just testing the thing out! Both Chris and I will need to be careful - already Chris' back gives him some pain. But look how straight he sits! I hope he's happy in it.
The other first is that I used clippers to cut Luke's hair myself instead of taking him to Cook Cutters. Friends suggested we figure out how to do that since Luke's head-with-many-cowlics needs hair kept short and let us borrow a clipper set they haven't used. Luke watched Power Rangers and had a lollipop just like he does at the salon. An added bonus is that he enjoyed vacuuming up the hair himself afterwards. It's ok for a first attempt and I'm quite pleased with easily saving $17 and some travel time.
I am not ready, however, to attempt M's hair - he moves too much who knows what would happen. And his hair is thick and gorgeous so much more forgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment