
Luke may just be following in Grandpa M’s footsteps in more ways than one – Pop Pop wears a size 14! When Luke was born, the doctor stood amazed at how big Luke’s feet were even then saying, “Big feet, strong man.”
This means the love of shoes is officially genetic. I have a lot of shoes. I mean A LOT. The way our master closet is configured doesn’t help. There is plenty of room for storing them in their boxes. Why throw out a pair if I have room to keep them? As the saying goes – they always fit!
I have dress shoes, tennis shoes, bowling shoes and a pair of jazz shoes I keep to wear at 80's parties. I do have some pairs that match only one outfit, like a lavender pair I wore with a maternity dress and a red patent pair I bought for a Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz costume. But, I have learned over the years to maximize my shoe spend, I try to only buy shoes that are black, brown or navy – the colors I wear the most. Someday I'm sure I'll only buy the comfortable kind :)
No comments:
Post a Comment