Monday, February 21, 2011

A Visit to the Creation Museum

Saturday we ventured to the Creation Museum located about a half hour from us in Kentucky. It was a very pretty day and it's one of the things I put on our list of things to do this year. My reaction to the museum itself was mixed. Privately run, it was pricey even with getting Mitchell and Luke in free. It seems to be run for believers by believers. I thought it might have more of an evangelistic purpose. And last, there sure were a lot of dinosaurs!

I know that's not really saying much. I guess I thought I would be moved spiritually and I wasn't. On the other hand, Chris got a lot out of it. Maybe because I manned the children while he read every sign at the place!

What we all enjoyed most was the beautiful grounds. I'm sure it's even more lovely in the Spring. There were fun bridges to cross and great petting farm with animals of all sorts from wallaby to camel. There was even a zorse (half zebra/half horse) and a zonkey (half zebra/half donkey) born of the same donkey father. We were told they bred zonkeys to be heartier and better dispositioned than each animal is typically. All in all, I'd say it's worth going to. I'd just recommend looking for a deal or a coupon when you go.














No comments: