Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Quotes of the Day

"It's unfortunate and I really wish I wouldn't have to say this, but I really like human beings who have suffered. They're kinder."
Emma Thompson

I think we suffer some by nature of being special needs parents. But we all suffer, don't we? Sharing this today as encouragement to myself to consider myself "kinder".
 
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." 
John Wooden

A friend posted this on facebook. My internal compass has been going haywire lately and this focused me on staying true to myself regardless of what others think.

"No one - not rock stars, not professional athletes, not software billionaires, and not even geniuses - ever makes it alone."
Malcolm Gladwell, author of Outliers

I've read Outliers (good book!) I get so focused on tasks and getting things done, sometimes I temporarily neglect relationships. No one makes it alone. Reminds me of my post on Whoville.

Good encouragement. But when all else fails and I have a reflective or less than super day, I rest knowing this is my joy...




1 comment:

Shelley said...

I LOVE this picture!!!!!!!!