A few weeks ago I signed up for access to another Yahoo group – this one called the Special Needs Equipment Exchange. Each day I get a summarized email of therapy equipment available from families like us around the world. I’m happy to report that I have 2 items Mitchell needs on their way to us! This was much easier following many missed attempts at getting such items through eBay. I was tired of losing auctions in the final seconds!
Pony Gait Trainer: Coming from Julie in Canada, this will allow Mitchell to practice standing and encourage walking independently. We’ll pay well below half of the going price including shipping for this piece of equipment in immaculate condition. Julie’s boy is 4 years old and only used the gait trainer for 2 weeks – it just wasn’t comfortable for him and he’s now a pretty long little fellow so he doesn’t fit in it anymore anyway. Here’s what the Pony looks like: http://www.adaptivemall.com/ponysize0.html
Otter Bath Seat: When we ordered the wheelchair, we also tried to have insurance approve a bath sitter. Since Mitchell doesn’t sit, you can imagine how awkward it is to give him a bath. Right now we use a makeshift baby sized support, the back of which hits Mitchell’s head wrong. You can tell it’s uncomfortable making a 5-7 minute bath a terrible ordeal. As somewhat expected, insurance denied our getting of a bath seat because to them it’s justification is merely “parental convenience.” Recently a bath seat was posted coming from a family in Seattle. The mom, Heather, says she’ll send it to us. This one too is hardly used. Here’s what the bath seat looks like: http://www.adaptivemall.com/otbasy.html
No comments:
Post a Comment